AT&T today confirmed that it will offer the Samsung Galaxy S 5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit this year. Pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. The Galaxy S 5’s 16 megapixel rear-facing camera will capture images that can be edited in the onboard camera studio. Camera studio can add effects to photos and edit movies with a complete suite of editing tools within the Gallery. The Galaxy S 5 also captures crisp HD video, which can be saved to the 16 GBs of internal storage.
Additional key features for the Galaxy S 5 include:
· A 5.1 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, wide viewing angles and Multi Window capability.
· A newly integrated S Health platform that enables nutrition, fitness and wellness tracking.
· Users can access health info, track and map workouts, receive wellness coaching and select healthier eating choices and track progress right on the Galaxy S 5.
· The Galaxy S 5 has a built-in heart rate monitor (HRM), which provides real-time data before and after exercise, simply place a finger on the sensor located by the rear-facing camera.
· The Samsung Galaxy S 5 also has a built-in fingerprint sensor making it easier to unlock the phone – in one simple touch.
AT&T will expand its wearables lineup with Gear 2 and Gear Fit.
The Gear 2 has a 1.63 inch Super AMOLED display with a 2 megapixel camera that has been moved from the strap to the face of the device for a more sleek design. Interchangeable straps, compatible with standard 22mm pin watch bands enable consumers to wear their favorite strap. With the Gear 2 consumers can also make voice calls and send text messages right from their wrist.
With a 1.84 inch curved Super AMOLED display and interchangeable band, Gear Fit has an athletic design that’s functional whether active or asleep. The Gear Fit tracks your steps, monitors your heart rate on-the-go, and provides notifications for incoming calls, texts and emails.