Sprint, the industry’s push-to-talk pioneer, today announced it has added more Sprint Direct Connect-capable handsets to its push-to-talk portfolio. On the new phones, push-to-talk service can be installed quickly by accessing the Google Play store and downloading the free “Sprint Direct Connect Now” application. Sprint Direct Connect service is included for no additional charge on many service plans or available for an additional $5 per month for other plans. The new phones that can be made push-to-talk ready with the Sprint Direct Connect Now application today:
- Samsung Galaxy S 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- LG G2
- LG G Flex
- LG Optimus F3
- Kyocera Hydro Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy Mega
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 with Sprint Spark
Sprint Direct Connect Now features:
- Sprint Direct Connect on 4G LTE capable devices
- New enhanced user experience
- Interoperable with Sprint Direct Connect devices
- Convenient touchscreen controls
- TeamDC and Opt-In TeamDC closed group calling
- Call alerts to notify others you want to talk without interrupting
- Displays contact image for speaker
- Synchronizes contacts with device’s address book
- Create favorites for most contacted Direct Connect contacts
Sprint Direct Connect Now marks another milestone for the Sprint push-to-talk franchise. Today, Sprint Direct Connect has matured into a service featuring:
- Sprint Direct Connect platform upgrades to support push-to-talk on Sprint’s 4G LTE Network.
- Triple the square miles of coverage compared to the former Nextel National Network.
- Instant call setup time on domestic push-to-talk calls.
- International coverage to Latin American countries that most frequently use push-to-talk service (SDC Now international capability coming in future update).
For more information on Sprint Direct Connect Now or to see Sprint Direct Connect handsets, go to www.sprint.com/sprintdirectconnect.