Dell today announced the availability of Dell Wyse Cloud Connect, an ultra-compact and highly mobile cloud-access device that instantly delivers desktop virtualization and personal cloud services to any HDMI- or MHL-enabled display. The pocket-size device delivers a full-HD experience with enterprise-level security, manageability and reliability. Organizations of any size can now deliver streaming cloud services and IT solutions in a cost-effective, mobile offering for work, home and on the go.
An Entirely New Smart Connected Device
Cloud Connect represents a new end-user device category that bridges thin clients and mobile devices as part of Dell Cloud Client-Computing’s end-to-end desktop virtualization solutions portfolio. The extremely compact, secure, cloud-managed device with a low total cost of ownership (TCO) supports multiple use cases including mobile workers, students, digital signage, kiosks and other space-constrained environments. Specific customer benefits include:
- Quick and secure access for mobile and remote workers to virtual desktops and a variety of cloud assets including content, applications, virtual desktops and IT support
- Easy remote connections to personal computers running Microsoft Windows OS or Apple Mac OS to access data, content or applications
- Plug-and-play interactive presentations run in full-HD directly from the cloud or device, on any compatible display
- Pocket-size, battery-free alternative in the event of loss, theft, or failure of primary devices
- Cost-effective virtual desktop for the education market, extending application and data access in classrooms, libraries, labs or at home
- Digital signage solution with simplified, remote management for airports, retailers, hospitality, or other organizations
- Personal cloud access to online entertainment, gaming, apps and rich content on large displays
According to IDC, the smart connected-device market grew 30.4 percent in 2012 and global shipments are expected to surpass 1.7 billion by 2014. By 2017, IDC expects that shipments will surpass 2.3 billion units and revenue will reach $748.6 billion¹. These numbers illustrate a powerful and ongoing disruption in how users communicate and interact with their professional and personal content, driven by trends such as BYOD, mobile app development, social media and cloud computing.
Cloud Connect represents a new category of smart connected device and is the only device of its kind that is seamlessly integrated into a secure, controlled, end-to-end desktop virtualization portfolio that includes:
- Software for mobile device and application management and control with Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager
- Flexible desktop virtualization solutions from Dell partners Citrix, Microsoft and VMware
- Personal cloud access to files and apps through Dell Wyse PocketCloud
- Global customer support expertise through Dell ProSupport for Cloud
Pricing and Availability
Cloud Connect is $129 per unit. Complementary Dell accessories including MHL-capable displays and Bluetooth keyboards and mice are also available. Cloud Connect is available immediately with documentation and support in global English in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, China, India, Japan, Brazil, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. To order Cloud Connect please visit, www.dell.com/cloudconnect.