- Views 0
- Likes 0
C Spire Wireless, the onlyU.S.wireless provider that offers a full suite of personalized services, introduced the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone today on the nation’s only personalized 4G LTE network. The lightweight and powerful Samsung Galaxy S III weighs 4.7 ounces and is 8.6 millimeters thin, making it lighter and sleeker than other leading smartphones. The brilliant 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED touchscreen display extends to an ultra-thin bezel to maximize the viewing area. The expansive display is protected by Gorilla Glass 2.0 to guard against cracks and scratches and provide enhanced touchscreen responsiveness.
This is the second 4G LTE smartphone that C Spire has launched since beginning the initial rollout of its 4G LTE network earlier this month in the first of 31 markets that are set to receive the advanced next-generation services through the end of October. An additional six markets will be activated by the end of 2012 as part of the company’s multi-million dollar investment. More expansion of 4G LTE services is planned in 2013.
The initial 4G LTE markets cover 2,700 square miles, a population of 1.2 million and 364 cell sites and provide 4 out of every 10 consumers and businesses with wireless data speeds up to 10 times faster than currently available, allowing C Spire to be the first provider to make these advanced services widely available.
The Galaxy S III includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual core CPU and 2GB of internal RAM to provide high-speed performance enabling efficient and seamless multi-tasking. The dual-core processor offers competitive speeds and performance as leading quad-core processors without sacrificing valuable battery life and delivers impressive processing power to allow more applications to be accessible simultaneously.
The device, which comes in Marble White and Pebble Blue, is powered by a removable 2100 mAh battery for extended use on a single charge. Users can store large libraries of photos, videos and music onboard the Galaxy S III with expandable memory up to 64GB to complement the standard 16GB onboard storage.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile operating system
- Share Shot – Create a temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event; photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group
- S Beam – Share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices’ backs together
- S Voice – Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch
- Pop Up Play – Videos can be played in a small window while customers use the rest of the display to complete other tasks such as typing emails, organizing calendars and updating their social networks
- Evolved camera capabilities – Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display
- Enhanced camera – 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends
- microSD card slot for expandable memory
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S III is available online at www.cspire.com, in all C Spire retail stores and through the company’s telesales group at 1.855.277.4734 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement that includes data services. For more information on the Samsung Galaxy S III and other C Spire 4G LTE devices, services and markets, go to www.cspire.com/4g.