e2v Launches the ELiiXA+ 8k/4k Line Scan Camera Based on e2v Multi-Line CMOS Technology
e2v, a leading global provider of high performance imaging solutions, is launching the ELiiXA+ 8k/4k at ITE 2012, inYokohama,Japan. Based on e2v multi-line CMOS technology, this new camera is the second addition to e2v’s successful ELiiXA+ industrial line scan camera family and is aimed at a broad range of applications, providing high performance, ease of use and robustness at a competitive price. e2v’s ELiiXA+ camera family is designed specifically to provide advanced speed, supreme sensitivity and high resolution by incorporating an innovative CMOS pixel architecture, combining the most advanced signal to noise ratio per individual pixel, and multi-line architecture to boost sensitivity further by sequentially integrating the same object line with full exposure control. The family was launched last year with a 16k pixel camera aimed at advanced machine vision applications.
The new ELiiXA+ 8k/4k brings high performance sensor technology to a broader range of applications, such as the inspection of raw material surfaces and general web material, the sorting of parcel and postal documents, the scanning of print and high resolution documents as well as the advanced inspection of flat panel displays, printed circuit boards and solar cells. The new camera provides the following features:
· The two most desired resolutions available in the same camera for versatile integration and evolution: 8,192 pixels, 5µm x 5µm pixel pitch, 4 active CMOS lines and 4,096 pixels, 10µm x 10 µm pixel pitch, 2 active CMOS lines
· Compatible with standard F-mount lenses
· e2v multi-line CMOS technology offers a one order of magnitude increase in sensitivity versus a standard Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
· e2v multi-line CMOS technology is compatible with full exposure control
· Ultra-fast line rate up to 100,000 lines/s
· Camera Link interface
· Up to 12-bit depth
· Power consumption below 7W
· Vertical and horizontal binning
· Fast and easy configuration
e2v’s ELiiXA+ 8k/4k camera also benefits from a compact design with a 41mm active sensor that can be operated in an 8k or 4k pixel mode depending on the user settings. The camera is cost effective to implement as the sensor length is compatible with the readily available and affordable F-mount lenses which perfectly matches the 5µm pixel size. Two models of the new camera are available with either Medium Camera Link interface or Full/Deca Camera Link interface.